Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tutorial - Fabric Flowers

Renne here this week and I have another tutorial for you.

I love all those vintage looking flowers that are so popular right now.  In the store they are VERY expensive and not nearly as pretty as what you can create yourself.  I made these flowers using scraps I got out of JoAnn's scrap bin for very little money.

The first step is to cut circles out.  You can use a die but I just free handed it.  I cut 6 of the larger circles and 5 of the smaller. I also cut a piece of felt for my base.


Step 2 is to fold the circles into quarters and hot glue them to the base circle.


When, you have the first layer done you can start on the inner layer.

I finished off the center by scrunching a piece of crocheted lace and adding a brad.



Here is my finished card using the flower.


You will see the finished producr=t on my challenge card this week.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic tips and making the flower, will have to give this a go sometime.
    Gorgeous card as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! gorgeous with little effort--just what I love! thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you think about our challenges, so leave us a comment.